Israel Climbers` Club is a registered, non-profit organization whose aim is to promote the sport of climbing in Israel.
Our goals include:
1. Increase the number of active climbers in Israel.
2. Identify and develop new sites and routes for climbing across the country.
3. Increase the awareness of club members and their colleagues to the values of preserving and protecting nature in climbing sites.
4. Improve professionalism and safety of climbers and climbing sites in and around Israel.
5. Archiving and providing access to all technical documentation and information.
6. Help members become aware of various styles of climbing worldwide.
7. Coordinate and foster an online community of climbers by promoting and maintaining this website that comprises the central climbing web resource in Israel.
8. Develop a range of services to be offered to all club members.
To meet these goals and develop the sport of climbing in Israel we need you: he or she who are interested in climbing, to sign up and become members!
The club operates along many avenues to promote the goals and objectives of our members:
1. Establishing as many new climbing routes as possible all around the country, and within each year.
2. Maintaining contacts with the natural reserve authority in order to promote and develop existing and new climbing crags within nature reserves (where most of the valuable crags are).
3. Maintaining contacts with local councils and municipalities (Eilat, Jerusalem, Beit Aryeh, etc.) to preserve, promote and develop existing and new climbing sites within their areas.
4. Purchase of equipment for developing and maintaining safety in climbing crags.
5. Holding seminars and lectures with the aim of promoting professional knowledge and higher safety standards.
6. Organizing public events throughout the year- some of these have already become a well-established tradition!
7. The club has initiated, constructed, and continues to develop the best-established climbing website in Israel, including an online guide to all climbing crags in Israel.
8. The club organizes and supports climbing expeditions abroad.
9. The club offers services including guidebooks, resoling of climbing shoes, publishing a periodic newsletter with stories of climbers and professional information, UIAA membership and more.
10. The club organizes long-term programs with the aim of improving the knowledge and professionalism of new climbers (Saturdays climbing sessions once a month, and climbing trips).
11. Last but not least, club members are entitled to discounts of 10% to 30% in various outdoor gear stores.
If you are still not convinced, you are welcome to join one of our many activities, get your own impressions, and register!
Regrettably, although there are many active climbers in Israel, only a small fraction of Israeli climbers are members of the climbing club, and even fewer are active members. Your participation will greatly help in promoting the climbing sport in Israel. So do not wait! Just register!
Your membership card will be sent to you within 2-4 weeks.
Israeli climbers club
PO Box 1572
Hod Hasharon 45 115
How does the club function?
The daily organization of the club is based on:
Like any other non-profit organization, this climbing club is managed by its board. The board is elected annually, at the annual club meeting, and is responsible for the routine management of the club. The board meets once a month, and at these meetings decisions concerning all climbers and climbing activities in Israel are made. These include the management of annual membership charges paid by club members, purchasing orders, planning of club activities, and so on.
Every club member can be elected to the board, but club members who are not board members can also and help advance existing activities and projects or organize new ones (you only need the initiative and will to do so!!!).
The board elects its various executives: the chairman, treasurer and secretary are the minimal functions required by law. The remaining are board members that assist in various ways and capacities in accordance with the board's descisions.
All board members act on a voluntary basis and are driven by the love of climbing and the will to promote climbing sports in Israel.